DCFS False Allegations Lawyer Colorado
Our DCFS false allegations lawyer Colorado families rely on can help navigate issues surrounding family law, and child welfare issues in particular. False allegations from the Department of Children and Family Services can be devastating for families, resulting in social stigmatization and, in some cases, can even tear families apart. With so much riding on the outcome of your DCFS case, it will be critical to find an experienced lawyer in your area. While there are several reasons that DCFS might be involved, Zweig Law, PC Attorneys at Law, can help provide legal counsel and guidance for navigating the child welfare system.
Working with DCFS
The Department of Children and Family Services is the state child welfare agency in Colorado that protects children from abuse and neglect. DCFS workers are charged with working with families to help strengthen their ability to safely and appropriately care for their children. When child abuse and neglect is reported, the local DCFS agency may intervene by investigating the report. While an intervention may be minimal in some cases, others may result in children being brought into the state’s custody. This can be devastating for families, especially when parents are falsely accused of harming their children.
Tips for Working with DCFS
There are several reasons for involvement, and fortunately, an experienced family lawyer in Colorado can help. The following are tips to keep in mind should DCFS become involved with your family:
- Speak with a lawyer for guidance
- Be careful that you do not do or say anything that can be incriminating
- Ask the caseworker for the specifics of the complaint that has been made against you
- Keep track of any interactions you have with both caseworkers, providers, and law enforcement
- If you believe you have been falsely accused, take immediate action to protect yourself
- Be as calm and level headed as possible when communicating with your caseworker
- Try to resolve any issues with your child’s parent to mitigate the risk of false allegations being made against you.
When someone has been substantiated for child abuse, they may carry it with them for the rest of their lives. It will be critical to take proper action to protect your rights with the assistance of an experienced lawyer.
Finding a Good Lawyer
Should you find yourself facing DCFS allegations, providing yourself with every possible protection can be critical. DCFS is an extensive, overwhelmed system, one that children and families can quickly get lost in. Working with our team, we can help make sure that you don’t just become another number in the system. We are confident that after taking the following steps, you will be contacting our firm to represent you:
- Search for a lawyer with experience in representing cases involving DCFS
- Conduct an Internet search for a lawyer in your area
- Ask people you know for recommendations
- Take the time to meet with prospective lawyers
- Prepare for your consultation to ensure that you make the most out of your meeting
Zweig Law, PC Attorneys at Law, knows that managing DCFS involvement can be incredibly painful, especially if your children were removed from your custody. In some cases, they may have been the result of an inaccurate report or false accusation. As a parent, you deserve to have your rights protected, and it will be critical to take action immediately. Take steps now by contacting our DCFS false allegations lawyer in Colorado.