Summit County DUI Lawyers
Rarely is a DUI case dismissed or reduced without the help of leading Summit County DUI lawyers. If you are facing a DUI charge, and are concerned about a conviction, call Zweig Law.
What you should know right now is that many roadside DUIs are bungled. For example, breath tests may come with errors, medical conditions can render false positive readings, and sometimes a police officer will fail to perform the right duties. Any good DUI lawyer in Summit County knows this and may attempt to capitalize on these types of defenses to win a case.
You might feel that there is insurmountable evidence against you; thus, you can only plead guilty. However, as our firm might explain to you, this is not necessarily your only option. It is not uncommon for a good lawyer to beat a DUI case that seemed like it would be impossible to win.
Fighting your DUI might make more sense than pleading guilty. Take into consideration the following:
- There are a minimum of 100 substances and medical conditions that can cause a false positive on a breathalyzer machine.
- Blood tests are prone to certain errors.
- Many police officers fail to follow strict legal procedures.
- Breathalyzer machines must be calibrated every so often, in many cases, they are not.
Regardless of what happened, a DUI defense lawyer Summit County, CO has to offer, may help you with:
- Visiting the site of the DUI and arrest
- Reviewing the arresting officers’ background, training, and complaint record
- Analyzing any blood samples
- Examining the breathalyzer machines maintenance records
- Cross-examining the arresting officers at a hearing
- Deconstructing the case to identify errors
Whether you have been charged, or you have only been arrested, but want to prevent a charge of a DUI, you should call our Summit County DUI lawyers as soon as possible.
Handling the DMV
In Colorado, you are obligated to contact the DMV and notify them of your arrest. You will be asked to attend a scheduled hearing which is separate from the criminal proceedings. If you do not contact the DMV, you will likely forfeit your right to the hearing. In this case, you will likely lose your license for a period of time. Our Summit County DUI lawyers can arrange this hearing and represent you on the day of. Sometimes, we can schedule the hearing further out so we have time to build a strong case.
Fighting Your Charges
The long term consequences of a DUI can be devastating. Not only might this include a loss of a license, points on your record, fines and fees, jail time, and a criminal record, you might also face:
- Problems with a professional license
- Difficulties living in certain areas
- Inabilities to travel abroad
- Loss of child custody
If these consequences are not something you are ready for, call our Summit County DUI lawyers right away. The more you wait, the more you risk. Call the Zweig Law, PC firm now.