Colorado Family Law CounselFamily Law Firm Colorado

When you are experiencing family problems relating to divorce, prenup agreements, or child custody/support problems, you should seek help from Colorado family law counsel you can rely on from Zweig Law, PC. We understand that when it comes to family issues, matters can become increasingly difficult because it could mean the difference between seeing your children more often or going through an amicable divorce. Our family law attorneys are here to help you through this difficult situation and want to ensure that your rights are not forgotten. If you would like to see how we can help, give our office a call now. 

I’m worried that my children and I are not safe because of my spouse. What can we do? 

If you are concerned about your safety or the safety of your children because your spouse your children’s  other parent is abusing them, we strongly urge you to get you and your children to safety as soon as possible. The quicker you can get to a family member’s home, a friend’s house, or a shelter, the better you will be. When you are out of harm’s way, we encourage you to call our office so that we can get you and your family the help you need. The most important thing you can do in this situation is to keep your children safe. 

What does it mean to receive longer-term alimony? 

If you believe that you are unable to provide for yourself financially after you and your spouse have gotten a divorce, you should speak with a family lawyer Colorado relies on to learn more about longer-term alimony. A few reasons this may be beneficial to you are because you may not have the degrees necessary to qualify for a job, you may not have the skills or the training necessary, or you may not be able to take care of your children while working. Speak with us if you believe you qualify. 

My ex-spouse is not paying child support like they were required to do. What can I do? 

If your ex is behind on their child support payments, speak with us as soon as possible. Your attorney can work with you to speak with the court to file a charge that states they are not paying the required child support. They may have their wages garnished or the court may decide on a jail sentence. 

If you would like to learn more about your rights when it comes to family legal issues, speak with our family law counsel in Colorado from Zweig Law, PC.