February 2, 2023
If you have crooked, crowded, or misaligned teeth, you may consider braces to improve your smile according to our friends at TruGLO Modern Dental. However, traditional braces can be uncomfortable, unattractive, and inconvenient. Fortunately, Invisalign offers a clear and comfortable alternative to traditional braces. As family lawyers know all too well, braces can be a big deal for a child, so seeking treatments that are more comfortable is always a good idea. In this blog post, we’ll explore the benefits of Invisalign and how it can help you achieve a beautiful, healthy smile.
What is Invisalign?
Invisalign is a clear aligner system that uses custom-made, removable aligners to gradually shift your teeth into the desired position. The aligners are made from a clear, smooth plastic that is virtually invisible when worn. Unlike traditional braces, there are no wires or brackets, making Invisalign a more comfortable and convenient option.
How Does Invisalign Work?
Invisalign uses a series of custom-made aligners to gradually shift your teeth into the desired position. Each set of aligners is worn for approximately two weeks before being replaced with the next set in the series. The aligners are designed to apply gentle pressure to your teeth, gradually shifting them into the desired position over time. Invisalign aligners are made from a clear, smooth plastic that is virtually invisible when worn. This means that you can straighten your teeth without anyone knowing that you are wearing aligners.
- Comfortable: Invisalign aligners are made from a smooth plastic that is gentle on your gums and cheeks. Unlike traditional braces, there are no wires or brackets, making Invisalign a more comfortable option.
- Removable: Invisalign aligners are removable, meaning you can take them out to eat, brush, and floss. This makes it easier to maintain good oral hygiene and enjoy the foods that you love.
- Shorter treatment time: Invisalign treatment typically takes 6-18 months, depending on the severity of your case. This is typically shorter than traditional braces, which can take up to two years to complete.
- Predictable results: Invisalign uses advanced technology to create a 3D image of your teeth and map out your treatment plan. This allows you to see a virtual representation of your teeth before you even begin treatment, giving you a better idea of what to expect.
- Improved oral health: Invisalign can improve your overall oral health by straightening your teeth and correcting any bite issues. This can make it easier to brush and floss properly, reducing your risk of tooth decay and gum disease.
How Do I Care for My Invisalign Aligners?
Invisalign is a great option for many people, but it may not be the best choice for everyone. It is best suited for mild to moderate cases of crooked or misaligned teeth. If you have severe orthodontic issues, traditional braces may be a better option. However, your dentist or orthodontist can help you determine if Invisalign is the right choice for you.
Caring for your Invisalign aligners is easy. You should brush and floss your teeth before putting your aligners back in to prevent bacteria from getting trapped between your teeth and aligners. You should also clean your aligners regularly with a soft-bristled toothbrush and mild soap or Invisalign cleaning crystals.
Invisalign offers a clear and comfortable alternative to traditional braces. With its clear, removable aligners and predictable results, an orthodontist can help you achieve a beautiful, healthy smile in less time than traditional braces.